This week marks the start of the second annual Techweek Detroit. Techweek’s mission is to build a better world through tech entrepreneurship. This mission is brought to different cities across the nation with an event series that spans over seven days, including a technology and innovation conference. The series takes place in Downtown Detroit starting on April 13th and ending with the Techweek conference and expo on Thursday and Friday, April 16th and 17th, at Ford Field.
The conference and expo on Thursday and Friday will be packed with a variety of events. This includes the Techweek Expo showcasing the newest products with live demos and giveaways, workshops and sessions, speakers, the LAUNCH startup competition, Techweek Hiring Fair, Entrepreneurship Summit, Fashion & Wearables Runway Show, and much more!
This is the second year that Mac-OU INC has been a media sponsor for Techweek Detroit. We see the great value that conferences provide to entrepreneurs and we hope to see more entrepreneurs getting involved!
Conferences are a not only a fun, informational venue, but they also provide for a great entrepreneurial networking environment. Entrepreneurs are given the opportunity to see what other entrepreneurs are doing, mingle with investors, get advice and keep up with the latest entrepreneurial trends.
Tech is not the only hot topic for conferences and expos. Entrepreneurs are encouraged to attend a variety of business conferences. The 5 Best Conferences from Entrepreneur include:
1. Podcast Movement – This conference was started for entrepreneurs by entrepreneurs who are considered the leaders in the rising podcast revolution. Podcast Movement is July 31- August 2, 2015, in Fort Worth, Texas.
2. World Domination Summit – Chris Guillebeau, founder of this conference, is an entrepreneur who believes in non-conformity and doesn’t play by the “rules.” Chris is famous for having traveled to every country in the world (193). This conference is for the “square pegs in the round holes.” World Domination Summit is July 9- 13, 2015, in Portland, Oregon.
3. New Media Expo – This conference has tracks for blogging, podcasting, Web TV and video, and all of it with strategies for your business. New Media Expo is April 13- 16, 2015, in Las Vegas.
4. Expert’s Academy – This conference brings together some of the top entrepreneurs in the world to learn and network. Expert’s Academy is three times throughout the year in Santa Clara, California.
5. WordCamp (worldwide) – Everyday there is a WordCamp conference happening somewhere in the world. These conferences are non-profit so the cost is low, and you can find one where you live. They cover topics from social media all the way to the technical stuff.
If those do not interest you then check our Entrepreneur’s 9 Conferences in 2015 That Are Worth Your Time and Money. Beyond Techweek, there are local conferences right here in Michigan. This is an awesome list from Michipreneur of the Top Michigan Conference & Competitions. Don’t miss out!
Attending and engaging with conference-goers is a great way to help your business prosper. Conferences can get expensive. Use the links above to do some research, pick your top choices and get your business cards packed. Stop by Techweek this Thursday and Friday. Use the 15% off promo code: PJ1UT65XDT when registering at http://techweek.com/register/detroit/.
Marketing & Communications Intern